Mummers tour will help raise cash for Bristol Eye Hospital
BATHAMPTON Morris men are to repeat their annual ‘pilgrimage’ around the pubs and restaurants of Bradford on Avon to raise funds for charity.
They will perform their traditional Christmas ‘Mumming’ play on Thursday, December 19, between 7.30pm and 10.30pm.
During the evening, the group hopes to visit 13 venues, starting in The Barge Inn and finishing in the Mount Pleasant Social Club.
All proceeds will go to the Bristol Eye Hospital to provide medical equipment for which the NHS has no budget, or which enable it to treat patients more quickly.
Bathampton Morris Men spokesman John Laver said: “Please come out and support this great activity raising money for a very worthy cause, while enjoying the short mumming performance take a drink or snack in one of the venues hosting the event.”
The itinerary is as follows:
1. 7.30pm – The Barge Inn, 17 Frome Road.
2. 7.40pm – The Canal Tavern, 49 Frome Road.
3. 7.50pm – Three Horseshoes, 55 Frome Road.
4. 8.05pm – Timbrell’s Yard, 49 St Margaret’s Street.
5. 8.15pm – The Weaving Shed, Kingston Road.
6. 8.40pm – Swan Hotel, 1 Church Street.
7. 8.50pm – Dandy Lion, 35 Market Street.
8. 9.20pm – The Stumble Inn, 29 Market Street.
9. 9.30pm – The Bear Inn, 26 Silver Street.
10. 9.40pm – The Bunch of Grapes, 14 Silver Street.
11. 9.50pm – Pizzeria Amici, 22 Silver Street.
12. 10pm – The Castle Inn, 10 Mount Pleasant.
13. 10.20pm – Mount Pleasant Social Club, 1 Mount Pleasant.
For more details, please contact:
HIGH winds are forecast to sweep across Swindon and Wiltshire tomorrow, sparking a weather alert. It warns gusts of over 40mph could cause s...
Flybe bosses have held crunch talks with the Government in a bid to save the airline. Discussions were held with the Department for Business...